Sunday, May 19, 2013

25%

Hard to believe but I am officially 25% of a physician. My first year of medical school is officially over and it is amazing how fast this year has gone. This term was another busy one (as you can tell by the inactivity on the blog) and I have come out the other side alive. I had 6 classes this term (2 of which were short ones in the first few weeks): parasitology, community and preventative medicine, physiology, neuroscience, genetics, and immunology. I have passed everything and will be moving onto my second, and last year on the island. After my first year I have a total weighted mean percentage of 90% and I am very happy with how things have gone. I fly out of Grenada tomorrow at 7:50 am (not a minute too soon) and I'll land in Phoenix at 7 pm. My summer is about 6 weeks long as we have to be back on the island for the start of classes on July 1 for a short semester filled with psychology, bio-stats, medical law, health care, etc. Basically it'll be a mixture of topics that can't fill up an entire semesters worth of material. In 24 hours I will be landing and I cannot express how happy I am to see my friends and family!! I have an amazing summer planned ahead with trips planned to Las Vegas, Disneyland, and Tucson for UA baseball. I will also finally be able to rest, catch up on sleep, and eat at all of my American favorites. Hope everybody is doing wonderful; thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment